Level III IT Professional: Network and Projects Team
IAG, an MSP headquartered in Houston, Texas, has an immediate full-time opening for an experienced Level 3 Network Engineer/Systems Analyst who is looking for a strong, growing IT company that will reward the executing of challenging work. We have a diverse base of technology-minded customers that provide ample opportunity for our engineers to recognize and advise clients on technology-based solutions that will make their businesses run more effectively. Root Consulting encourages team members to share ideas and knowledge to enhance our effectiveness and assure that we are keeping abreast of technology innovations.
Note: If you are seeking work as internal IT in an enterprise environment, then this is not the job for you. IAG is offering a job that allows you to touch multiple environments to continue to use and expand the skills that you have been developing for years. This job allows you to stay with one company over a career, instead of having to job-hop to find a new piece of technology in which to learn and develop skills. If this is the job for you, and you possess the skills below, then you are encouraged to apply today.
This is a hands-on job. While travel time is kept to a minimum, in order to maximize client service time, all applicants must have reliable transportation to visit customers on-site within the Houston area when necessary. This position may require extended work weeks (more than 40 hours). This position will require participation with rotating after-hours on-call schedule. The successful candidate will be expected to have excellent computer and leadership skills, and will ensure compliance to all company and program policies and procedures.
Level 3 IT Professional — Network and Projects Team
Systems Engineer | Senior Systems Engineer | Senior Network Engineer | Senior Engineer
- Ability to work directly with CIO or own projects on planning and implementing high-level projects
- Great troubleshooting skills on workstations, networks and servers
- Ability to work independently in the field and direct a team of technicians
- Ability to provide solutions to problems brought to you by Level I and Level II technicians
- 6+ years of experience working on Microsoft Server platforms
- Experience in configuring, servicing and modifying MS Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Server 2003/2008/2012, SBS 2003/2008/2012 and Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of WAN, LAN and WLAN networking
- Experience with configuring business-class firewalls and VPNs
- Knowledge and experience with setting up and maintaining Windows Domains, GPOs and Active Directory management
- IT experience with the following software platforms a plus: ShadowProject, DoubleTake, SEP, Sharepoint, FAXMaker, Axys, Moxy, Junxure, ProSystem fx, QuickBooks, Timeslips, BES, etc.
- Experience helping to identify and resolve trouble spots within networks
- Strong project scope development experience. Ability to identify and create project plans with estimated hours and defined equipment.
- Previous experience working for a managed services IT firm a plus
- MCSE Certified, Active CCNA a plus
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Comprehensive benefits package
Mileage allowance, health insurance and 401(k) after qualifying periods
This is an immediate opening, and we are interviewing now. Applicants will be kept in strict confidence. Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.