Level II IT Professional: Managed Service Help Desk Team
IAG is an MSP headquartered in Houston, Texas, looking for a motivated individual with excellent communication skills and a minimum of 5+ years of experience in qualified technical skills.
A qualified managed services professional participates as a team member of the IT department that is responsible for 24/7 operational support of client sites and corporate infrastructure by providing hardware, software and application support as well as troubleshooting workstations and servers. The managed services professional must utilize their significant experience to provide managed technology support services for IAG’s clients, and be accountable for creating and maintaining standards, policies, procedures and documentation and for ownership of internal systems.
Note: If you are seeking work as internal IT in an enterprise environment, then this is not the job for you. IAG is offering a job that allows you to touch multiple environments to continue to use and expand the skills that you have been developing for years. This job allows you to stay with one company over a career, instead of having to job-hop to find a new piece of technology in which to learn and develop skills. If this is the job for you, and you possess the skills below, then you are encouraged to apply today.
This is a hands-on job. While travel time is kept to a minimum, in order to maximize client service time, all applicants must have reliable transportation to visit customers on-site within the Houston area when necessary. This position may require extended work weeks (more than 40 hours). This position will require participation with rotating after-hours on-call schedule. The successful candidate will be expected to have excellent computer and leadership skills, and will ensure compliance to all company and program policies and procedures.Job Description
Level 2 IT Professional — Managed Service Help Desk Team
Remote Support | IT Support | Desktop Support | Server Support
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Great troubleshooting skills on workstations, networks and servers with the ability to produce solutions
- Ability to work independently and with a team of technicians
- Ability to provide solutions to problems
- 3+ years of experience working on Microsoft Server platforms on items such as Active Directory updates
- Experience in configuring, servicing and modifying MS Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- Proven track record working on IT projects
- MSCE or MCDST Certification preferred
- Working knowledge of IT in a business environment
- Knowledge and experience with maintaining Windows Domains, GPOs and Active Directory management
- Experience helping to identify and resolve trouble spots within networks
- Documentation skills with focus on accurate time entry
- Previous experience working for a managed services IT firm is a plus
- Preferred Certifications and Courses:
- Microsoft MCP
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Comprehensive benefits package
Mileage allowance, health insurance and 401(k) after qualifying periods
This is an immediate opening, and we are interviewing now. Applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.